What's included in Scholar OneSearch?
By selecting from the drop-down menu you can see the range of what Scholar OneSearch includes
1. Library Catalogs + Articles
- Everything in "Library Catalogs" (see below); plus,
- Periodical/journal articles (news, professional, and scholarly), theses, proceedings, and more.View a list of journal publishers and databases included.
- Links to full-text PDFs or to full-text ordering options
If you are off campus, sign in at the top right of the Scholar OneSearch page with your myNEU username and password to see results from all available databases.
2. Library Catalogs
This does NOT include individual journal articles, but does include physical items in Northeastern's Snell Library, African American Institute Library, Marine Science Center Library in Nahant, School of Law Library, and University Archives:
- All of the circulating physical collections, including books, videos (videocassette and DVD) CDs, government publications, and children's literature;
- Subscribed journal titles, print and electronic (with dates and issues available)
- Legal update services, reference books, course reserve items including personal copies
- Northeastern theses and dissertations;
- Archival finding aids describing historic items in the University Archives and Special Collections;
- E-books, streaming audio and video titles, online government publications, and subscribed e-journal titles
Hint: To find a specific book or movie title via the home page search box, put the title in quotation marks and search "Library Catalogs."
3. Law Library Catalog
Search the same types of items as "Library Catalogs" above, but ONLY for the School of Law Library. Articles and online resources are NOT included.
4. Course Reserves
includes items placed on reserve by course instructors for course reading and viewing.
Hint: search by course number or instructor name.
Article Searching Tips
For individual articles, use the "Library Catalogs + Articles" dropdown.
You may enter a DOI or PMID in the search box to find specific articles.
If you have an article title, enclose it in quotation marks for an exact match.
A "peer-reviewed" button on the left of all results pages limits your results to peer-reviewed scholarly articles only.
You may use the search box to search journal titles, but if your results are too broad, try the following:
E-journals A-Z located on the home page or in the top right banner of SoS allows you to browse an alphabetical list of our subscriptions or search exact titles
Journal Search (advanced) allows you to search the library's print and electronic subscriptions by title, subject, keyword, ISSN, or insitutional author/creator.
Your account and customizations
Sign in at the top right to:
- Keep track of, and renew, your borrowed books, videos etc.;
- Get the most complete article results, especially if you are off-campus;
- Put yourself on a waiting list for checked out items;
- Save your search results in personalized folders;
- Create alerts to be emailed when items that may interest you are added to the collection;
- Set a personal subject preference so results in that subject rise to the top of your results.
- Get help with the nuts and bolts of Scholar OneSearch from ExLibris's help pages. (ExLibris is the company that makes Primo, the software powering Scholar OneSearch.)
- Get Northeastern librarians' advice on database searching.
- Report a problem
- View a Quick Guide (PDF) to the SoS search interface and its features