TERMS FOR SpringerLink:
Note: For the purpose of this Agreement: “Authorized Users” means all full and part time students and employees (including faculty, staff, affiliated researchers and independent contractors) and other valid ID holders of Northeastern University, regardless of the physical location of such persons.. Northeastern may also provide access to the Licensed Materials to Walk-In Users for their scholarly, research and personal use from workstations on Northeastern’s premises. Walk-In Users are entitled to access, browse, make copies in print and digital form, collate, display, view, search, retrieve, print, download, store on any hard drive or removable media drive such as USB stick and use the Licensed Materials for their scholarly, research and personal use. Northeastern will not grant any form of remote access to the Licensed Materials to Walk-In Users.
Authorized Users may:
- Access, browse, view, copy in print and digital form, collate, display, search, retrieve, print, download, store on any hard drive or removable media drive, such as a USB stick, use and otherwise distribute the Licensed Materials to Authorized Users via Northeastern’s Network in accordance with this Agreement.
- Use an unlimited number of individual articles, chapters or other parts of the Licensed Materials for the preparation of any educational materials, including print-outs, copies in print and digital format, e-reserves and access-controlled websites, with all rights notices duly presented (i.e. all uses must cite that the material comes from Springer).
- Send an unlimited number of individual articles or chapters of Licensed Materials to Research Colleagues in print and digital form for non-commercial, scholarly purposes provided that in no case any such sharing is done in a manner or magnitude as to act as a replacement for the recipient’s or recipient’s institution’s own subscription to the Licensed Materials..
Restrictions on Use:
Authorized Users may NOT:
- Remove, obscure or alter any notice of copyright, trademark, service mark, logo, trade secret, or other proprietary right appearing in or on the Licensed Materials.
- Use the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Purposes under any circumstances without the prior written approval of Springer.
- Update, change, revise, adapt, modify, translate, transform or create any derivative work of the Licensed Materials, except as noted above.
- Use any part of the Licensed Materials in any manner that is not permitted by this Agreement or that could infringe the copyright or any other proprietary rights therein.
- Electronically re-transmit (e. g., via e-mail) or post the Licensed Materials on their personal or public websites (except as expressly provided above), nor shall they reproduce the Licensed Materials or portions thereof for the purpose of distribution (irrespective of whether for commercial or non-profit use, for a fee, or free of charge), except as is indicated above.
- Use the Licensed Materials for third party purposes (e. g., in online services provided to third parties) and shall not post the Licensed Materials on networks allowing public access, public communication, broadcasting right, and the commercial rendering of information services.
- Re-distribute the Licensed Materials and shall not sub-license any rights granted herein to any other individual or institution other than an Authorized User. Licensee shall not distribute any part of the Licensed Materials on any electronic network other than the Licensee’s Secure Network for use by Licensee, Participating Institutions and Authorized Users.
- Use routines designed to continuously and automatically search and index the Licensed Materials, such as web-crawling or spider programs. Licensee shall not systematically download any Licensed Materials.
- Use any part of the Licensed Materials for any trademark purpose or in any trademark form.
January 1, 2012