Authorized Users are the full-time and part-time students, faculty, staff and researchers of Northeastern University and individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors of Northeastern affiliated with Northeastern University’s locations and individuals using computer terminals within the library facilities at the Sites permitted by Northeastern to access ClinicalKey for purposes of personal research, education or other non-corporate use.
Authorized Users who are individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors may use ClinicalKey only for the purposes of the contracted work for Northeastern University.
Each Authorized User may:
- Access, search, browse and view content from ClinicalKey
- Print, download and store a reasonable portion of individual items from ClinicalKey for the exclusive use of such Authorized User
- incorporate links to ClinicalKey on Northeastern’s intranet and internet websites and in electronic coursepacks, reserves and course management systems and instructor websites, provided that the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links will be changed as reasonably requested by Elsevier
- Pull figures, images, and tables from the ClinicalKey™ online service into the ClinicalKey Presentation Maker™ for use in the creation of internal or external presentations and for training purposes, by or for the benefit Northeastern provided that the Authorized User obtains permission for such use of the ClinicalKey online service content that is credited to a third-party, from such third-party, if necessary; each copy of the presentation will carry appropriate credit to the content owner; and all such uses are non-commercial
- Print out single copies of patient education handout sheets from ClinicalKey to reactively supply to Client’s patients and customers in response to their requests for medical information about their conditions, diseases, treatments and prescription or over-the-counter drug purchases
- Store individual journal articles from ClinicalKey in the private library of a social networking site for the Authorized Users’ own personal use only
- Share individual journal articles from ClinicalKey with third party colleagues individually for their scholarly or research use.
- Share individual journal articles from ClinicalKey with a limited number of third party colleagues as part of an invitation only working group on non-commercial platforms or tools, for personal, scholarly or research use.
Restrictions on Use of Subscribed Products.
Except as expressly stated above or otherwise permitted in writing by Elsevier, Northeastern and its Authorized Users may not:
- abridge, modify, translate or create any derivative work based on ClinicalKey, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users
- remove, obscure or modify in any way any copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers as they appear in ClinicalKey
- use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices to continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link, index or disrupt the working of ClinicalKey
- substantially or systematically reproduce, retain or redistribute ClinicalKey
- reproduce, transfer, sublicense or redistribute ClinicalKey (electronically or otherwise), or any copy, adaptation, transcription, or merged portion thereof